Re: [Debconf-discuss] Hiking Wednesday

Hi

On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 11:31 AM, Bernelle Verster <bernellev@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> There's much talk of hiking going on, it's likely there's groups going
> today, tomorrow, various times, routes, lengths... This email is about
> only one of those groups...
>
> If you're keen for a fairly relaxed
 walk with dogs tomorrow morning, departing Fuller
> at 10:00,

We did a quick walk up to the Blockhouse yesterday.
A few pics here (I couldn't log in to gallery.dc.o, sorry):
https://plus.google.com/+BernelleVerster/posts/epgRBJgwWPu

It was quite steep, so I am willing to consider more options today,
arranged in decreasing effort required, depending on the group:
1. Uphill and on to the boardwalk (fairly identical uphill to the
Blockhouse route), head left towards Newlands and down and back
through the forest/plantation
2. Head south along UCT campus, past an abandoned zoo, following a
jeep track through Newlands plantation.
3. Head south along UCT campus, then head down and take the pedestrian
walkway next to the highway.

Or whatever else we decide.

I am still intending to leave at 10:00, in front of Fuller. I still
intend it to take about 2 hours (so turning back after 1 hour
regardless of how far we've gone) to be back in time for lunch (and
orga work...). I will take it as slow as the slowest members require,
and the dogs will join again.