[Debconf-discuss] Hiking Wednesday

Hi

There's much talk of hiking going on, it's likely there's groups going
today, tomorrow, various times, routes, lengths... This email is about
only one of those groups...

If you're keen for a fairly relaxed (apart from the first half an hour
of straight uphill) walk with dogs tomorrow morning, departing Fuller
at 10:00, I'm going up to the blockhouse, and/or along the boardwalk
to come down in Newlands forest (it's mostly a plantation, but there
are bits of natural stuff). I'm flexible on start time, let me know
what works.

It's about 8km or so, and I hope to be back in time for lunch. I am
also happy to take it as slow as the group requires, and turning back
after an hour, regardless of where we get to.

I've put some details on the signup wiki for the hike (we'd be doing a
half route 2b sortof version), and I expect this hike to either
scratch an itch for people who want to do something else for the day
trip, or as a way to get an idea of how strenuous the day trip hike
would be.

https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16/DayTrip/Signup

This route is a part of what we'll do:
http://hike-cape-town.blogspot.co.za/2011/09/hike-newlands-forest-to-newlands-ravine.html