[Debconf-discuss] 5km parkrun: Saturday morning 8:00am

Hi

Graham (ginggs) and myself (indiebio) and my two dogs are avid
parkrunners. We are going to the Greenpoint parkrun tomorrow, and will
have space for about 4 more people to join by car (we're both taking
cars, for this purpose). We will leave Fuller at around 7:35am.

We are very slow (about 42 minutes for 5km!), so don't let any
perceptions of fitness or speed put you off. (Conversely, you don't
need to stay with us the whole way either ;) )

There are several parkrun routes in Cape Town and surrounds:
http://www.parkrun.co.za/events/

It is always 5km, and it always starts at 8:00 am, and it's always on Saturdays.

We like Greenpoint as it's one of the prettiest, with views of the sea
in places and Lion's head in the backdrop, and most of the route is in
a public park. You can also get there by train and walking the Fanwalk
(about another 2.6km one way), but then I would suggest leaving much
earlier to get there in time (07:00 or earlier).

http://www.parkrun.co.za/greenpoint/
http://www.parkrun.co.za/greenpoint/course/

If there is a monstrously positive response I can try organise a shuttle.

regards
Bernelle

P.S. Rondebosch Commons is much closer if you want to get to a parkrun
on foot from UCT, but it's boring as hell.