Re: [Debconf-discuss] Food places in CT [Was: Re: [Debconf-team] volunteering for the debconf by non-locals - queries.]

Bernelle Verster dijo [Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 06:38:38PM +0200]:
> Hi
> (...)
> We went to Curry Quest for lunch today, was delicious -
> http://www.eatout.co.za/venue/curry-quest/
> The irony is that it is in Durban road, but Durban is also the city in
> South Africa with the greatest Indian population globally, outside of
> India.
>
> It is walking distance from UCT, but I would recommend sharing an
> uber/taxi, especially at night, I'm sure you could rustle up a bunch.

Sounds most interesting to me :)

> Then, we remembered an authentic Mexican place in the centre of town:
> http://sanjulian.co.za/ that is highly recommended (also amazing
> tequila)
> This is not walking distance, I would recommend a taxi or shared
> transport, at least.
>
> There is a less authentic Mexican/Tex-Mex place in Observatory with
> HUGE portions (DLange couldn't finish his, even) that we went to last
> night , which is also, sortof walking distance, but again would
> recommend taking shared transport. Also, no valuables in this
> neighboorhood! Grab thefts are common.

And of course, although I'm not that much interested in knowing how
Mexican food is prepared 10,000Km from home, if anybody is interested
in a (somewhat biased) judge as to how good those offers are, I'm put
for going.

Anyway, thanks Bernelle for goiong back to this time-forgotten topic!
I mailed privately Shirish, as the question was originally whether we
could be cooking our traditional food — I won't go prepared with most
ingredients for even basic stuff, but am interested in whatever comes
up!