Re: [Debconf-discuss] status of the showmebox initiative ?

Hi Shirish

On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 11:04 PM, shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just wanted to know the what is the status quo of the showmebox
> initiative that Bernelle had. Has there been any participation either
> locally or internationally for the showmebox initiative or has this
> been deferred ?
>
> I ask as I saw https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16/DebianDay and
> https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16/DebianDay_Hardware and neither
> of the two mention the showmebox initiative anywhere.
>
> If there is or has been participation, please let me know and put it
> up on either of the two wikis which will also inspire/goad me into
> getting touch with the open data folks and trying to get them to
> contribute some small/big visualization for the initiative.

The ShowMeBox is doing well under development, but we are moving it to
a more long term project. due to lack of time and resources we decided
not to do a dedicated initiative at DebConf. I did ask Graham (ginggs)
who is involved to have a table and hack away at it during Open
Weekend, and if you want to source some visualisation data to play
with, you are very welcome. The focus is now shifting to use DebConf
to let people know about this open hardware / visualisation project.

You can see discussions on the mailing list archive:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/showme-devel/

and this link is on the wiki: https://wiki.debian.org/ShowMeBox

I am in the process of updating the wiki and content for the main
website regarding the Open Weekend.