Re: [Debconf-discuss] Money matters and air travel queries - 1 -2 stops and being in South Africa morning or afternoon.

Quoting shirish शिरीष (2016-05-06 01:03:18)
> Here's a link to the on-line listing

I confidently use skyscanner.com - some claim that other services bring
cheaper results but none of them have proven better in my tests.

> My idea is to land in South Africa on 30th morning or evening,

One way to save money on travel is to not fixate on exact dates: Some
offers are cheaper when both journeys are on a tuesday, others when more
than two weeks aparts, still others when not being too far apart. etc.

> The cheapest flight on makemy trip is at $629 doesn't work because
> both while going as well as coming, there are stops where connection
> between flights is around half an hour, so if the flight is late for
> some reason or some other issue, it is very easy to miss the
> connection.

If you buy tickets separately then it is on you if delays cause them to
not fit, but if buying tickets as a single journey with stops in it,
then it is the travel agencies job to get you on another flight.  Again,
you may loose time on that but not money.

> It is really nuts as there are so many combinations and flights, it
> makes my head spin, can anyone help ?

  * Use skyscanner.com!
  * Check multiple combinations of arrival and departure dates.
  * Tolerate quite a bit of waiting time at stop-over.
  * Try use different airport in India (but always return to same as you
    depart from - most offers are on return tickets between two points)

> In case of a long layover, for budget/economy travelers are there any
> budget choices for storage lockers and having bit of sleep, food and
> freshening up before the next leg of the journey.

The whole point of "budget" travelling is to get people to eat and shop
at the airports, so don't expect them to help you avoid that.

 - Jonas