[Debconf-discuss] Thank you to the organization team!

[bcc´d to feedback@debconf.org]

Hello organization team, hello network team (NOC),

You did an exceptionally awesome job.

You are awesome.

Thank you.

>From registration to keeping times with talks, from day drip to conference
dinner it was a totally smooth experience for me. I can only imagine the
amount of effort you put into it, but for me in the role of a participant of
the conference everything appeared to flow totally effortless to me.

I was also impressed about the network. I think I never saw such a speedy WLAN
network at any free software conference I have been with. I heard about issues
of some people, but for me it mostly worked okay. I just used a different WLAN
at some place aside from the central places as it appeared to work better
there.

I considered helping at first, but after three weeks of holidays which I
really could use, I decided to just enjoy the conference as participant. I
think asking my employer about sponsoring was useful however :).

I really don´t know any aspects where organization could have been better.

About the vegan eating in the youth hostel: I was happy to see the effort of
the cooking team to care for all the different needs of the participants and
sometimes even make really nice vegan options that I could get directly from
the kitchen like the rice and vegetable pan and the banana with dark chocolate
desert some non vegan eating people would have been interested in as well. I
missed some usual vegan options at the barbecue such as vegan salad source or
anything else except green leaves for salad, but there have been potatos and
corn.

I was still hungry after the vegan conference dinner option. I found the meal
to be a little small after hiking up this mountain :). However I was impressed
by the organization to provide a meals for about 400 people in a short time.
And I bet that location usually does not have many vegan options at all.

Thank you again. I appreciate your work.

Ciao,
--
Martin