Re: [Debconf-discuss] [Debconf-team] Debian Kids Camp for DebConf-next

Didier 'OdyX' Raboud dijo [Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 08:35:15AM +0200]:
> > In any commercial project, if a customer made a special request like
> > this after accepting a proposal, the project manager calls a meeting and
> > offers two choices, (1) pay more money or (2) throw request out the window.
>
> While DebConf is not a commercial project and while we don't have "project
> managers", I would very much welcome a decision on this matter by the DebConf
> Team.

Well, I think the people who should say "it is just not doable", if
it's the case, are you who know the place and have done in-the-field
research and arrangements. And who know better the implications.

I tend to think, specially after the arguments mentioned in this
thread, that this year it will be impossible. Specially because of the
accomodation reality (we cannot provide suitable accomodation for a
family, and Le Camp's capacity is quite close to our expected
attendance). The apocalypse situations mentioned (missing children)
are worth considering, but should not be the point upon which we take
a decision... But yes, while it would be great to offer this service,
we should -as you stated- focus on our stated goals.

Again, if the DebConf-Children team still wants to pursue the idea,
maybe getting it ready for DC14 (or think they can offer a good plan
for DC13), please go ahead. But I do think it falls outside what we
need for a DebConf.