Re: [Debconf-discuss] [Debconf-announce] DebConf12 Mass OpenPGP Keysigning: 18:00 Thursday, July 12 in Roberto T erán

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 09:22:01AM -0400, Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) wrote:
> Well, thanks to those who have signed already. For me, I realised
> that my caff configuration is wrong and none of the keys I thought I
> signed at a keysigning party a few months ago got any of its emails
> sent out (d'oh!). So I need to go and figure out what went wrong
> with caff (the machine usually sends emails just fine) or just
> sign/send them manually. I'll get to that next weekend so if you are
> in a hurry for a signed key from me then sorry for the delay :)
[...]
> I wish there was an option to caff to *always* generate emails, such
> that I can manually pipe them to send later on. Cause currently it's
> not that easy to generate caff-like emails by-hand and emailing them
> from a different machine where caff was run.

I thought it did always generate them, even if it didn't send them. You can
probably find them under ~/.caff/keys/[YYYY-MM-DD date of signing]/ or some
path like that. (This is from memory.) In the past I've helped people copy them
to a machine with working outgoing email and feed them into sendmail -t.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@debian.org