Re: [Debconf-discuss] [Debconf-team] Debian Kids Camp for DebConf-next

Hi,

2012/7/16 Gaudenz Steinlin <gaudenz@debian.org>:
> Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@debian.org> writes:
>> On Sun Jul 15, 2012 at 21:21:55 +0200, Hector Oron wrote:

>>> That sounds reasonable, let's keep in touch and discuss about it at
>>>   <debian-jr@lists.debian.org>

>> IMHO the child-care at DC13 itself should be discussed on debconf-team@
>> or debconf-discuss@.  There is a lot of things to be taken care of which
>> involves the local team, and they will probably not follow
>> debian-jr@lists.debian.org.

> The question about the child-care was also raised during the DC13
> presentation in Nicaragua. As I said there it will not be a problem to
> provide a room or outdoor space for this. But IMO the rest should be
> organized outside of the local team. I don't think there is much that
> needs to be coordinated beyond that.
>
> While I'd love to see the "Debian Kids Camp" happen, I'd prefer it to
> not use much of the already scarce time of the debconf team members.

Premises:

  0. I do not think creating yet another mailing list, project,
infrastructure, ... is really needed.
  1. debian-jr@lists.debian.org, a.k.a.
https://lists.debian.org/debian-jr/, holds very low traffic.
  2. debconf-team must need to coordinate in some aspects with
debian-jr for debconf organization.

Therefore, I propose:

  0. Use mailing list listed in premises 1. to develop didactic
methods to teach kids during a week parallel to DebConf, any needed
software can be discussed and finally uploaded to Debian archive if
needed for activities going on there. That might help to revive
debian-jr project.
  1. When approaching DebConf, debian-jr must coordinate with DebConf
team, trying to avoid any overhead on DebConf team, DebConf kids camp
status updates should be discussed in debconf-team,  or announced in
debconf-announce.

regards,
--