Re: [Debconf-discuss] Unattended laptops

2012/7/3 Alberto Gonzalez Iniesta <agi@debian.org>
On Tue, Jul 03, 2012 at 10:09:43AM -0600, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Dienstag, 3. Juli 2012, Moray Allan wrote:
> > During DebConf, please remember that we can't guarantee security for
> > your laptop or other property, especially if you leave it unattended in
> > the hacklab.  No one will stop you doing that, but it's at your own
> > risk.
> >
> > (In case you're wondering, no, there have been no problems of property
> > going missing yet, and I hope there won't be any.)
>
> for the wikipedia impaired, many people in .ni life from less then 2 USD a
> day, so a laptop will feed an entire family for quite some time...

And, as you may know, only poor people steal.

SCNR, not wanting to flame here. Just though the "clarification" wasn't
quite fair.

You could had quoted a local person confirming high crime rates....

I agree with you. I like the warning of Mooray, better to prevent, although
I think the day we have to be really careful is the Debian Day. Don't think anyone
would be looking for steal a computer just for being a poor country.
--
Alberto Gonzalez Iniesta    | Formación, consultoría y soporte técnico
agi@(inittab.org|debian.org)| en GNU/Linux y software libre

Key fingerprint = 9782 04E7 2B75 405C F5E9  0C81 C514 AF8E 4BA4 01C3