Re: [Debconf-discuss] [Debconf-announce] Arriving at Managua airport

On 07/02/2012 09:37 AM, gregor herrmann wrote:
> Customs was not also painless but also quick. Smile, put your bags on
> the belt, smile, take our bags, hand over your custom declarations
> form (where I had checked "no" on all questions), say goodbye.

I was pulled aside at the customs x-ray in MGA because of the amount of
electronic and networking equipment in my checked luggage.  The customs
agent opened my bag, and i smiled and explained i was going to a
conferencia tecnologica (my spanish is terrible).  i showed him the
spanish version of the dc12 invitation letter that i got from Leandro.
he asked to keep the letter, i agreed, and he gave me my bag and sent me
on my way without a hassle.

Very smooth, actually, and everyone was friendly about the situation.

If you're carrying gear for the conference, i do recommend having a
printed copy of the invitation, though.

	--dkg