Re: [Debconf-discuss] Welcome room at the airport

Felix Delattre writes ("[Debconf-discuss] Welcome room at the airport"):
> Our sponsor, the government of Nicaragua, offers us a special welcome
> room (Sala de protocolo) at the airport for the DebConf attendees. This
> room is usually used by diplomats. This means, that you don't have to
> pass through the usual border and customs, instead after leaving the
> plain you can go to a nice room, wait and migration officers will visit
> you. We have requested it from 30/06 to 08/07.

Thanks.

I am always amazed at how much we scruffy Free Software types get
treated as VIPs in some, but not all, places.

I guess places like Nicaragua are keen to escape the proprietary
software yoke.  Even so I feel a bit of a fraud sometimes, when really
such a big part of our motivation is just to build the system that we
want to use ourselves.  Helping to rescue the world from software
bondage is a certainly something I really like to feel good about but
we shouldn't let it all go to our head!

Ian.