Re: [Debconf-discuss] [Debconf-team] Local SIMS for cel phones

JFTR, you can buy local SIMs in Metrocentro, just a few blocks near the venue.

There are two operators in Nicaragua: Movistar and Claro. I wouldn't recommend the second one. I could say is more expensive and worst than the first one.

Cheers,

2012/6/27 René Mayorga <rmayorga@debian.org>
On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 07:43:34AM +0200, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> Quoting Victor Martinez (vicm3@blografia.net):
> > Until recent it occurs to me that maybe buying a local sim for Cel
> > phones could be handy for some (BTW I`m not sure if this goes on
> > discuss or team), Also know that in most carriers locks their phones,
>

> I think this should go to -discuss but locals can certainly bring more
> light here.

Not a local, but I bought a local SIM with Movistar, I got it for C$100 and they
got me C$100 of credit, then I subscribe to a data plan, they give you 5 days
free and after that it cost C$23($1USD) per day, I'm not sure of the transfer
limits on this plan, so far the credit is still good, receiving and making
calls and data plan(since 21/06/2012) the service is not so good though, I get
disconnected(out of network) once in a while.

Not sure if that problems are because of my hardware compatibility(N900) or just
because the service is bad, but for C$100($4.25 USD) is not bad.

> No idea how data access is spread over Nicaragua, though.

Again not sure, data is not 3G on my phone, I only get EDGE(2.5G) service and
for IRC/email/chat is ok for me but I did not try SIP yet.

Cheers

--
René