Re: [Debconf-discuss] shopping in Managua?

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 4:54 PM, Roger Orellana <rjorellana@gmail.com> wrote:
  Hi Steve.

  I'm from El Salvador, no Nicaragua. If you take a look
in Google Maps, there is a Mall near of the UCA, called
Metrocentro, where you can buy something.

As discussed on IRC... The Metrocentro mall is just a few blocks from UCA. They open from 9am to 9pm. There are plenty of stores, a food court, supermarket and a cinema. The prices are a bit on the high end, at least in Nicaraguan standards.

There are plenty of other places where you can buy cheaper clothes, souvenirs, rum, or whatever you want nearby UCA (10-15min by car).

Just ask a local if you need some help. :)

Cheers,

  I will be in Managua on 6 july. But, if you arrive before,
maybe someone of the local-team can give you a hint ;-)

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 2:27 PM, Christian PERRIER <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
> Quoting Steve Langasek (vorlon@debian.org):
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> In preparing for my trip, I've reached the conclusion that my wardrobe
>> probably doesn't contain clothing that's particularly appropriate for the
>> Nicaraguan climate, and that finding suitable clothes in Portland will be
>> non-trivial (and probably more expensive).  So instead, I thought it might
>> be a good idea to do some clothes shopping after I arrive.  Can anyone local
>> to Managua offer a suggestion on where to get some shopping done near the
>> venue / hotel?
>>
>> Tourist compliance is not a prerequisite, I'm perfectly happy negotiating my
>> purchases in Spanish.  Though if there are particular shops that are better
>> choices for English-only attendees, I guess there may be others on the
>> mailing list who would be interested in this information too.
>

> Don't forget shopping for cheese, too..:-)

Roger Orellana