Re: [Debconf-discuss] Debconf13 in Vaumarcus, Switzerland bid

On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 08:15:01AM +0700, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> > > Le Camp looks beautiful :)
> > >
> > > Good to see a bid not in a city!
> >
> > + in the center of Europe (I mean the continent not the EU ;-)) so
> > several people can use alternative transportation than plane.
>
> I believe Eurasia is a continent.

So whom are we at war with today?

> And looking at european countries I believe the center is somewhere in
> Denmark ig south Norway due to the length of Norway (often bent by mapping
> tricks).

There's a number of competing methods, but all results seem to form a
meridian-wise line from Estonia to Ukraine, which is two big countries east
of Denmark.  The method that appeals to me most, taking the center of
gravity of all land points rather than just extremes, points to eastern
Lithuania.

Which is a damn long way from Switzerland.

On the other hand, center of the EU is currently in Germany.

> ...but anyways I share your excitement.  Plural - both about non-city
> and ability to hith-hike there for europeans (and other eurasians).

There's a different problem: prices of food, hotels, services, etc, seem to
be consistently 7-8 times higher than around where I live.  This means
effective funds are divided by that much.

--
1KB		// Yo momma uses IPv4!