Re: [Debconf-discuss] pictures and privacy

On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 09:51:38PM +0200, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> Quoting Adam Borowski (kilobyte@angband.pl):
>
> > Idea: what about pooling all the pictures everyone took, into one central
> > place, and having people tag the ones they don't want released?
>
> Like gallery.debconf.org? :-)
>
> To add more noise to his, in case anybody cares, I don't give a damn
> shit about any picture of me appearing on the Internet, including
> those with my name tagged.

Same here.

> I will be pleased to drop any picture of anybody requesting it from
> https://gallery.debconf.org/v/debconf11/album/ . I did my best to
> avoid at least tagging names of people I know dislike appearing
> publicly. I may have made mistakes or omissions. In such case, please
> tell me.

Same for my photos in flickr/tiagovaz. Btw, I always try to infer if people are
annoyed when I'm taking pictures in a public event, then I don't take his/her
pic or immediately delete it if it's already taken. Some people who are annoyed
by default are also avoided in my albuns - and wow i've never received a
request for removal. I'll be completely ok getting a first. But no, I'm not
going to ask everybody permission for publishing each single photo I take in
public places. My suggestion is to keep what i consider the common sense here =
photographers not exposing people much and people not being paranoid about
that.

Regards,

  .''`.  Tiago Bortoletto Vaz                         GPG  :      1024D/A504FECA
 : :' :  http://tiagovaz.org                          XMPP : tiago at jabber.org
 `. `'   tiago at {tiagovaz,debian}.org               IRC  :       tiago at OFTC
   `-    Debian GNU/Linux - The Universal OS               http://www.debian.org