Re: [Debconf-discuss] pictures and privacy (was: my pictures so far (including the bicyle tour))

Hi,

I'm not too happy about pictures of me being on the Internet. I
generally try to manage my public image and control what I want to show
to the general public, mainly because not doing so could result in
unpleasant situations with students (I'm an assistant professor).

I also see the point of photographers, and of Debconf being a
public event.

However, I would be totally opposed to people "tagging"/labelling
pictures with the name of attendees, without those attendees knowing
it. In short:
OK (sort of): publishing (reasonable) pictures of attendees without them
knowing about it.
Not OK: helping search engines index them using attendees' names.

- Lucas