Re: [Debconf-discuss] pictures and privacy (was: my pictures so far (including the bicyle tour))

On 30 July 2011 15:40, martin f krafft <madduck@debconf.org> wrote:
> I really would have wished that people had been much more
> considerate about uploading other people's pictures to the public
> Web.
>
> I for one do not want my pictures on the Internet.
> I also realise that this is a fight against windmills and am rather
> sad about that.

As the likely worst offender on this, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

In previous DebConfs some people have come up to me at the start of
the event and asked that their photo should not be published, so when
I took and reviewed photos I paid attention not to take or not to
publish photos with those people included. I also had a couple such
requests this year.

Post-factum the only reasonable and workable solution that I can
imagine is that if people who do not want to show up in my pictures,
tag the specific pictures in my Flickr stream with a unique tag (like
'duckremoval') and then email me that tag, I can go over the photos
and either black out the person or remove the photo entirely.

--
Best regards,
    Aigars Mahinovs        mailto:aigarius@debian.org