Re: [Debconf-discuss] Packaging for beginners - expert wanted

vedran <valajbeg@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm so glad this session/workshop took place at dc11. Although there
> was only 10-12 people who assigned their names at the list, i counted
> about 47 people in the room (maybe some of them ware shy :)). (ok,
> with at least 5-10 people who didn't come to learn anything new). I
> noticed that specially local people from Croatia/Bosnia/Serbia joined
> this session which is good since there are no or very few people from
> this region who participate in Debian.
>
> So, i believe this would be nice event to take place at every debconf
> and maybe even to to get form of real workshop which would take longer
> time.

What was suggested to me after the talk, by Asheesh Laroia (I think,
sorry, I'm terrible at linking faces to names and irc nicks) was to hold
a hands-on tutorial of sorts in one of the hacklabs tomorrow.

Decide on a time, announce that we'll be there, interested people can
come and ask questions, and we'll have a bit more interactive session
than the talk ended up being.

If such an event will be held, a mail to this list will be sent with the
details.