Re: [Debconf-discuss] "Cleaning up the /bin/sh mess" meeting

Bdale Garbee <bdale@gag.com> writes:

> On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 22:28:42 +0200, Goswin von Brederlow <goswin-v-b@web.de> wrote:
>> So is anyone interested in getting together to talk about the diversion
>> mess that is currently handling /bin/sh in dash and bash?
>
> I'd be happy to participate if the time chosen permits me to.

Given that no time has been suggested yet maybe we could just exclude
the times that are unsuitable and then take whatever is left.

>> 4) Solutions
>>    - What options are there?
>
> The simplest and most effective choice would seem to be to just declare
> that dash is /bin/sh.
>
> Bdale

Some people have strong opinions against dash due to its RC bugs that
don't get fixed. So I guess you will have to defend that solution.

MfG
        Goswin