Re: [Debconf-discuss] LAST CALL FOR DEBIAN BUS RENTAL (Was: price of bus tickets *back* to Zagreb)

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 07:13:11AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 01:04:10AM +0200, Magnus Holmgren wrote:
> > ons 2011-07-27 klockan 20:27 +0200 skrev Andreas Tille:
> > > (please some local confirm that 4h is a reasonable timing).
> >
> > Well, the regularly scheduled Pepex 8:45 bus only takes 3:10, so it
> > seems a bit pessimistic.
>
> If somethings happens (like longish border control - you can not know
> what nationalities are inside the bus and how funny border control they
> might take the issue)

For example, our incoming bus took us least half an hour to get through the
lines at the border crossing in the early morning. When we finally departed
from there, the bus had another 5 minute stop at the Gradiska bus station
where the clerk insisted the driver exits the vehicle and picks up a piece
of paper (to his dismay). Finally, a few minutes after Gradiska, a "deep"
border inspection happened in the village of Dubrave that took another 15
minutes because a customs officer again looked at all the passports, and
the driver couldn't seem to find one of his registration papers (d'oh).

No idea if any of this would happen on the way back, but adding even
50 minutes of overhead doesn't seem like an entirely silly idea.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.