Re: [Debconf-discuss] LAST CALL FOR DEBIAN BUS RENTAL (Was: price of bus tickets *back* to Zagreb)

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 11:53:31PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Can we please confirm now that the departure time of this bus will
> actually be 11:00 ?  Also we need to be sure that everyone knows that
> we will not wait for them.  We shouldn't have the bus delayed by an
> hour while we hunt around for someone who was signed up on some wiki
> page but now turns out to be missing (or perhaps decided to go some
> other way or something...)

You are perfectly right.  I would like to wait for final confirmation of
the bus rental company which can not be done before our definite order
has happened (so not before today 13:00).  So let me stress the fact,
that if *I* say 11:00 I *really* mean 11:00 (and for me my clock is
relevant which is 1 to 30 seconds ahead of CEST.  So I expect people to
be at the bus as if it would be a regular scheduled transportation means.
Just be there to not miss it.

> The earlier bus likewise.  It should be made very clear that if you
> are not there the bus will go without you.

I could not stress this hard enough.

Kind regards

     Andreas (sorry, I'm German)

--