[Debconf-discuss] Languages Skill Exchange

Hi.

Is there anyone interested in a Language Skill Exchange? This time
"language" doesn't range over C, C++, Haskell and Ruby, but over
Italian, French, German and Bosnian.

I don't know how this could work: maybe someone invents a list of some
English phrases and everyone translate them into their own language,
briefly telling something about its feature (which word is the verb,
which one is the noun, ...; of course I'm not pretending this is valid
for all languages: if your language is completely different from
English, this is even more interesting).

For example, is the phrase to translate is "Debconf is wonderful", I'd
translate in Italian as "La Debconf è fantastica", explaining that "è"
is the verb "is", "fantastica" means "wonderful" (and it's feminine) and
that "la" is the article, which is necessary in this case, otherwise
people would understand we're talking about a person (most precisely, a
girl, since "fantastica" is feminine).

I find it interesting to understand how other languages work. Of course
people who speak Bosnian, Croatian and Serbian are mostly welcome! :-)

I've created the usual section in the wiki page. Let me know: if I see
enough interested people, I'll try to find some schedule for it.

http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf11/SkillsExchange#Language_Skill_Exchange

Thanks, Gio.
--
Giovanni Mascellani <mascellani@poisson.phc.unipi.it>