Re: [Debconf-discuss] Bicycling instead of running?

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 11:22:38AM +0200, Axel Beckert wrote:
> > If the whole trip should make any sense we should send a "delegation" (=
> > people who might skip the last talk) to be there at 18:30 and others
> > will head of right after the last talk to the bike rental and reach it a
> > bit after 19:00 taking over the just preattached bikes gives us somehow
> > twice the time as with your original plan.
>
> Sounds fine, but then all must skip dinner, too. Or take it after
> coming back or in some restaurant.

Regarding myself I'm fine with having just two meals per day considering
the amount of food available.  So I would prefer skiping dinner to have
something what qualifies as trip instead of just going with the bicycle
around the next three corners (not to mention that in a group we need
to adapt to the speed of the slowest person+bicycle combination - which
for rented bikes is not necessarily the less powerful person).

> > What about this?
>
> I'm generally fine with this, I mostly put it on that time because most
> evening activities start there because of the last talks and dinner.
> And because of the heat over the day.
>
> BTW: Can we put a link to the bike shop on OSM into the wiki page?
> (But first we must slightly correct its position in there. :-)

For the moment it is located here:

    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=44.77569&lon=17.201269&zoom=18&layers=M

Just find me to fix the location if needed.

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de