Re: [Debconf-discuss] Bicycling instead of running?

Hi Andreas,

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 07:28:26PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > Maybe. Annette and me were at the bike shop this aftern and we
> > reserved the bikes for Friday evening 20:00 at the bike shop.
>
> When thinking about this twice 20:00 might be quite late.

Well, when we decided on that date, it was quite warm here over the
day, so late sounded good.

> Considering that handing out / adjusting 15 bikes takes some time we
> will not start before 20:30. I suspect that rented bikes are
> potentially not equipped with proper light we should be back at
> least one hour after we started.

The last thing is an argument.

> If the whole trip should make any sense we should send a "delegation" (=
> people who might skip the last talk) to be there at 18:30 and others
> will head of right after the last talk to the bike rental and reach it a
> bit after 19:00 taking over the just preattached bikes gives us somehow
> twice the time as with your original plan.

Sounds fine, but then all must skip dinner, too. Or take it after
coming back or in some restaurant.

> What about this?

I'm generally fine with this, I mostly put it on that time because most
evening activities start there because of the last talks and dinner.
And because of the heat over the day.

BTW: Can we put a link to the bike shop on OSM into the wiki page?
(But first we must slightly correct its position in there. :-)

		Kind regards, Axel
\ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News            | abe@deuxchevaux.org  (Mail)
 X   See http://www.asciiribbon.org/              | abe@noone.org (Mail+Jabber)
/ \  I love long mails: http://email.is-not-s.ms/ | http://noone.org/abe/ (Web)