Re: [Debconf-discuss] Packaging for beginners - expert wanted

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 09:36:38PM +0200, Jana Pirat wrote:
> > Otherwise the session has to start from "what goes inside the debian/
> > directory", "what is the control file", ... and that can take a lot of
> > time. It is fine too,
>
> i have exactly this in mind. i personaly don't know what is control file
> and so on. so i need very basics information.
> it will be my very first time i here about packaging.

So I think the best is to start from the anatomy of an existing package,
how to modifiy it and rebuild it. So that you attenders have a test bed,
a toy to play with. For my students, I usually start from the package sl,
it may work for you too.

Cheers
--
Enrico Tassi