Re: [Debconf-discuss] Packaging for beginners - expert wanted

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 05:58:42PM +0200, Jana Pirat wrote:
> so anybody?

I can help, I've packaging experience and I've also been teaching how to
do so couple of times. But for the introduction to be successful I need to
know the target audience.

IMO, the best, would be that the audience has read (even quicly) the
developer reference and debian policy documents (quite boring, but
very essential) and has an existing package to fix or a software to
package, and that people with more experience help them. A sort of real
time mentoring.

Otherwise the session has to start from "what goes inside the debian/
directory", "what is the control file", ... and that can take a lot of
time while anyone can learn this stuff just reading the policy.
It is fine too, but the first option, while requiring the audience to do
much more work, could be more profitable.

As you prefer, just tell me what you have in mind.

Cheers
--
Enrico Tassi