Re: [Debconf-discuss] Please apply common sense!

On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 12:54:25 +0200, Adam Borowski <kilobyte@angband.pl> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 12:46:12PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> > I was in the hack lab 20 minutes ago and the wireless worked with 25% packet
> > loss there, too, so it was hardly an improvement.
> > Oh and the LAN switches in hack lab I saw all had 5 ports and obviously
> > all 5 were busy.
>
> A number of people can't connect to the wireless from the hacklabs as well.
> For example me on a Broadcom BCM4313 or the guy next to me (tzafir) on
> something realtek.  It does work from the same place on a n900 for me.

The wireless problems are known, and being worked on. Various ideas are
being tried to resolve the issues, and a number of people are working on
it.

Please be patient, while we work out a proper solution.

If you can't be patient, then some alternative solutions you can take
right now are:

 * pay attention to the talk instead of your computer
 * use wired connections, which tend to be more reliable
 * travel back in time so and come to debcamp to help setup the wireless

micah