Re: [Debconf-discuss] Mobile UXes BoF ? (was: Re: Additional meeting room)

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 12:27:29PM +0200, Didier Raboud wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I had registered the "Mobile UXes BoF" but couldn't get a slot for it. Now I
> am considering to use the additional meeting room to hold it. But… I'm not
> really confident in hosting this BoF (beside that I never attended nor led
> one): many things have changed in the recent weeks (N9{,50} got presented,
> …) and I could not keep the in contact with the recent MeeGo/Maemo
> developements.
>
> So my question is: do some people have an interest in holding a BoF about
> Mobile UXes ? (Even only to share impressions, knowledge and eventual
> plans.)

Hell yeah!

Current state of Debian on N9** is pretty much a bad joke :( -- a chroot
works adequately, but for directly installing, http://wiki.debian.org/pkg-n900
says only display, keyboard and touchscreen work.  As someone not well
versed with messing with hardware drivers, I'm reluctant to help until
someone figures at least wifi and phone stuff.

The debian-meego project seems pretty dormant as well.

Thus, it'd be great if we could meet and discuss what could be done to
improve matters.

--
1KB		// Yo momma uses IPv4!