Re: [Debconf-discuss] Please apply common sense!

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 12:32:40PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Josip Rodin <joy@entuzijast.net> [2011.07.25.1224 +0200]:
> > Wireless in the auditorium dies as soon as more than, say, 25% the room
> > sits down. Putting up some more APs or even more small switches would be
> > beneficial because this is pretty annoying.
>
> More APs will not improve (lessen) interference, but quite the
> opposite.

OK, so then small switches, stop reading selectively :P

> The best solution is the cooperative one: work in the hack lab,
> listen in the talk rooms. ;)

I was in the hack lab 20 minutes ago and the wireless worked with 25% packet
loss there, too, so it was hardly an improvement.
Oh and the LAN switches in hack lab I saw all had 5 ports and obviously
all 5 were busy.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.