Re: [Debconf-discuss] Zagreb-Banja Luka bus after train

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 07:33:54PM +0200, debconf11@moritz-naumann.de wrote:
> On 19.07.2011 12:34 Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> > Geert Stappers dijo [Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 09:17:18PM +0200]:
> >> Is that bus station "Zagreb Glavni Kolodvor" near RAILWAY station
> >> "Zagreb Glavni Kolodvor"?
> >>
> >> That question in other words:
> >> Train travellers arriving at Railway station "Zagreb Glavni Kolodvor",
> >> do they arrive near a bus station that has a connection to Banja Luka?
> >
> > They _seem_ to be very close together. When the bus enters the
> > station, we went just by the stopped trains. It's just a couple
> > hundred meters (and that, if the exit is in the opposite end).
>
> Might be a little late to respond to this questions, but I'll do it
> anyways, maybe it helps someone else.
>
> My understanding is there is only one central long distance bus station
> in Zagreb, namely Autobusni Kolodvor. This is five (?) tram stops from
> the central railway station, namely Glavni Kolodvor. Tram lines 2 and 6
> connect both locations, and the tram stops are very close (northern end
> of Glavni Kolodvor, western end of Autobusni Kolodvor).

Now if people only looked around starting from the link to the wiki
I had already pasted... :)

Here are a few more details: once you exit a train at the central railway
station, you enter and exit one large hall, and after that you immediately
see parked taxis on the road in front of you, and 50m further you see tram
lines and two tram stops. Each of the stops carries a large poster with a
map of tram lines, where the central bus station is marked prominently,
you just have to know the right string to look for (and that string is
indicated elsewhere in our instructions, hopefully clearly enough).

Here's an online copy: http://www.zet.hr/tramvaj/dnevni.aspx or directly
http://www.zet.hr/media/117306/mreza%20dnevnih%20tram%20linija%202011.gif
Notice "GLAVNI KOLODVOR" and "AUTOBUSNI KOLODVOR" right in the middle,
and the two colored and numbered lines directly connecting them... :)

Only two stops are inbetween (two half-circles indicating a set of two
stations one on each side of an intersection, and one full circle).

The map is oriented normally with the north up, so it's literally identical
to how it looks when you exit the train station - you go to to the tram stop
at the right-hand side.

The only reason I didn't expound on this on the wiki already is that
I figured it would be sufficiently easy to figure out for anyone
not scared to engage in international travel in the first place... :)

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.