Re: [Debconf-discuss] Swimming pool tested

Hi,

On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 09:39:53AM +0000, Sebastian Tennant wrote:
> Quoth Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu>:
> > I enjoyed the swimming pool (2km from the hotel [...]) this morning.
>
> Aquana?

No.  The more sports-swimming-indoor one.

> > If somebody might be interested just ask me and I could give some report
> > about dos and don'ts.
>
> I'm interested in hearing about the dos and don'ts.
>
> When/where should we meet, assuming you don't want to write it all down?

Well, writing it down might consume similar time and is usable for more
people. :-)

I was running (very slowly) this morning to the pool (took me about
17min so you can walk in less than 30min easily).  I arrived exatcly at
7:00 and they really had open at this time.   The price for a time span
which is not really clear to me (I was inside for 1.5h and did not to
pay something in addition, see below) was 3KM which is quite fair.

You need bathing cap and mens should wear what I would call a *real*
swimming trunk [1] and not those what I call swimming sack [2]
consisting from a lot of cloth perfectly increasing your resistance
inside the water. (There are indicating signs for this ... and I like it
;-))

You get a key *without* something to fasten it on your body.  My solution
was to put it just on my head before putting the bathing cap on it.  You
might consider putting it into a towel and take thus inside.

In addition to the key you get a receipt and an additional paper with a
bar code.  This barcode can be used to enter the barrier and leaving it
later.  You need to hold it in front of the round sensor on the right
of the three entrance barriers.

Inside you find doors to small cabins to change closes.  I was tricked
by red and green signs on the door knob.  They seem to be sealed from
inside all - so you need to find one of the pathes inbetween and enter
the cabin from the inside.  From this path you also can estimate the
distance to the box were you can store your clothes.

Inside there are two pools, one 50m the other 25m.  Howeverm they
separated the lanes of the larger pool across to make the lanes also 25m
long - there was no chance to swimm 50m distance.  The unusual
separation left space for a waterball area (inclusive goals).  I have
not checked whether you can fetch a ball from those boxes - these
are probably locked.

When I entered there seemed to happen some training in one end of the
large pool and I decided to break the smooth water surface in the
completely empty smaller pool.  The water is very clear and I can
confirm that there is only less cloride in it.  I'm alargic against
cloride and I feel that my nose is closed after a certain time.  In
the pool at home I get this after swimming 400-800m here I did not
had any trouble even after swimming > 3000m.  I really like this!

There was some last hurdle when leaving the barrier to go outside.  I
tried to put my bar code paper in front of those two barriers were the
sensor light was on (red diodes).  This was the wrong choice - use the
one on the right side which is dark.  The staff was not happy about
seeing me jumping over the fence but later showed me kindly how to
behave correctly.

I really liked this nice, modern and clean pool and will probably go
at some other day again.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

[1] http://bilder.afterbuy.de/images/25261/bw_badehose.jpg