Re: [Debconf-discuss] Bicycling instead of running? -- Bike Rental found, date aimed at Day 4 (29.7.) in the evening

Hi together,

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 01:29:58AM +0200, Axel Beckert wrote:
> > I'll ask some of the locals and if they don't know anything, I have
> > a reason for going for some exploration tour on the bike. ;-)
>
> One of the security guys downstairs told me that the Banja Luka
> Tourist office on the opposite side of the street to Hotel Palace
> rents bikes since this year, so I'll check out tomorrow. It's just a
> few blocks from the venue and Hotel Bosna...

Well they just pointed me to the one bike shop I already found on the
net. A local guy who recognized Jonas and me as DebConf attendants
helped us finding that bike shop and was also very helpful in talking
with the tourist office and the guys at the bike shop.

The bike shop is in walking distance (1km or so) towards the north
east (I think :-) close to the stadium and has 15 bikes available for
renting. One bike costs 15KM per day and they want an ID from a local
as debit. (So if some local team member wants to join us... :-) We
should reserve the bikes at least one day in advance.

They don't have open on Sundays, but I got the mobile number from one
of the bike shop guys.

Regarding the date:

Joost also showed interest in the bicycle tour by private mail, but he
arrives only on Tuesday (26.7., Day 2) evening. The day after that
(27.7.) is the Day Trip. So only an evening date during DebConf looks
reasonable, also because of the necessarity to reserve the bikes one
day in advance.

On Day 2 (26.7.) there is the Cheese & Wine party at 21h and for
preparations I should be there earlier. Before that there's the group
photo from 18:45 to 19:00.

On Day 3 (28.7.) there is the Conference Banquet starting at 20h while
Andreas' Debian Med BoF ends only arount 19h. The time in between is
too short for a more or less organized bike tour IMHO and we probably
want to have dinner anyway. :-)

Day 4 (29.7.) has no activity in Pentabarf after 19h, so maybe that
would be the best date for something organized, because I think after
the closing ceremony maybe the first ones are already leaving.

Will try to put it into Pentabarf (in the hope that we won't have 100
attendants afterwards :-)

		Kind regards, Axel
\ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News            | abe@deuxchevaux.org  (Mail)
 X   See http://www.asciiribbon.org/              | abe@noone.org (Mail+Jabber)