Re: [Debconf-discuss] Exchange office and buses

Quoting Martin Bagge / brother (brother@bsnet.se):

> No.
> And getting BAM in your home country is not very easy as it's a very
> small currency from the start. Euro might work to get you to then
> venue and such but I would trust the exchange rates used by some
> random taxi driver.
>
> The BAM has a fixed rate towards the Euro since 2002, 1 EUR is 1.96 BAM.

Not sure that Karolina, who's coming from Serbia, will find Euro more
practical to use..:-)

About exchange office lose to the bus station, I'm very afraid there
would be none. From what I've seen of this bus station, it is
basically in the middle of nowhere, close to the railway station,
which shouldn't be confused with a big and very active railway station
such as Belgrade's..:-)

So, well, getting BAM might be quite tricky. I can suggest two ways to
get out of this trap:

- grab a taxi at the bus station and offer him to pay in Serbian dinar
- grab a taxi, ask him to drive you at the venue (Banski Dvor), aski
him to wait for you while one of you goes into the building and finds
someone from us who is able to hand out the needed BAM for the taxi
ride (about 8-9 BAM)

The last option is not that crazy: if we know about your arrival day
and time, it is easy to leave a 10BAM  banknote at the frontdesk
(count this as volunteering for doing it).