Re: [Debconf-discuss] Border/Customs Inspections Slovenia/Croatia/Bosnia

Hi Marc,

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 04:27:56PM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> I would like to know how "hard" the border inspections are once one
> leaves Schengenland. Is a German Citizen with a bag full of technical
> stuff including two notebooks calling for trouble, or are croatian and
> bosnian border officials rather relaxed?

With my camper van I seem to have looked like a normal tourist and
when showing my German Personalausweis, they always just asked, if I'm
travelling alone. Nobody wanted to see my luggage or fridge. And
nobody asked why my camper van has a Swiss number plate while I'm
showing a German ID.

At the Croatian-Bosnian border I got asked something by one of the
four (!) persons who wanted to see my ID, but it was in a language I
didn't understand. And after answering the question with "English or
German, please", they just waved that I should go on.

At the Italian-Slovenian border (i.e. a Schengenland border) there was
not even someone looking or asking for anything.

		Kind regards, Axel
\ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News            | abe@deuxchevaux.org  (Mail)
 X   See http://www.asciiribbon.org/              | abe@noone.org (Mail+Jabber)
/ \  I love long mails: http://email.is-not-s.ms/ | http://noone.org/abe/ (Web)