Re: [Debconf-discuss] Border/Customs Inspections Slovenia/Croatia/Bosnia

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 04:27:56PM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know how "hard" the border inspections are once one
> leaves Schengenland. Is a German Citizen with a bag full of technical
> stuff including two notebooks calling for trouble, or are croatian and
> bosnian border officials rather relaxed?

We got stopped at the Slovenia/Croatia border, possibly because we were
an American (Jeremy Byron) and a Belgian (me) travelling together and
because we confused the border police into thinking I was Jeremy and
Jeremy was me (apparently I look quite like the photo on Jeremy's
passport, and vice versa).

We had in the car four laptops among the two of us, a "server" (really a
rack-mountable QNAP NAS), a box and a bag full of electronic equipment
and various kinds of cables, as well as my flute and a waffle iron (C&W,
here I come).

They checked everything fairly thoroughly, but our explanation that we
were going to 'a computer conference' seemed to be sufficient, and the
worst that came from it was that our trip was somewhat delayed while the
customs officer had a look at our stuff.

the following formula:

pi zz a