Re: [Debconf-discuss] Border/Customs Inspections Slovenia/Croatia/Bosnia

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 04:27:56PM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> I would like to know how "hard" the border inspections are once one
> leaves Schengenland. Is a German Citizen with a bag full of technical
> stuff including two notebooks calling for trouble, or are croatian and
> bosnian border officials rather relaxed?

Leaving Schengen and entering Croatia by train was easy.  They didn't look at
our bags at all, just at the IDs provided.  When crossing from Croatia
to BiH it took a fair bit in the queue.  As far as I saw no luggage in
the compartment was inspected.  There was just a border official going through
the bus and collecting IDs (verifying the picture).  We then got them back from
the driver.

But YMMV of course.  (A valid German Personalausweis was sufficient
everywhere.)

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern
--
 .''`.  Philipp Kern                        Debian Developer
: :' :  http://philkern.de                         Stable Release Manager