Re: [Debconf-discuss] DebConf dress code (was: Banski Dvor do's and don'ts)

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 05:37:16PM +0200, Adnan Hodzic wrote:
> > Any kind of shoes and clothes will do. The problem was that David was barefoot.
> > I am sorry to impose this on you, i personally don't see a problem if
> > someone wants to walk without shoes.
>
> I absolutely agree with this, and am of opinion that people
> could/should walk looking whatever they want to. If you want I could
> talk to somebody so this could/would be tolerated in future.

I think that would be appreciated by many of us in case you see a
chance (without making them even more angry :-).

For me, this rule sounds like driving cabriolets is bad because in the
early days, cars had no hard roof, too.

Our operating system is all about freedom, so I can really understand
anyone who gets angry if someone else imposes rules which cut our
freedom in other areas.

		Kind regards, Axel (who is allergic to dress codes)
\ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News            | abe@deuxchevaux.org  (Mail)
 X   See http://www.asciiribbon.org/              | abe@noone.org (Mail+Jabber)
/ \  I love long mails: http://email.is-not-s.ms/ | http://noone.org/abe/ (Web)