Re: [Debconf-discuss] V Pay cards at ATMs in Bosnia and Croatia

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 10:53:47AM +0200, Vedran Omeragic wrote:

> On 07/19/2011 10:06 AM, Torsten Werner wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > is it true that V Pay cards cannot be used at ATMs in Bosnia and
> > Croatia? Having both Visa and Maestro it is not a problem for me.
> > But other people might have a problem.
> >
> > Cheers, Torsten _______________________________________________
> >
> Hi,
>
> Yes, Visa and MasterCard, both credit and debit, will work without any
> problems. _However_ ATMs will _only_ accept cards with chips, but
> while buying in shops, any regular card will work. There is an ATM
> near the reception in hotel Bosna, and I tested it myself, as well as
> some other attendees and it worked; though one of the attendees tried
> his chipless card and it wouldn't accept it.

I think the ATM at Hotel Bosna only accepts Visa.  I have a Maestro debit
Card and it didn't work.  But worked with my Visa credit card.  Both
of my cards have a chip.  There was no obvious error message with the
failed operation on screen of the ATM machine, only on the ticket
given by machine.