Re: [Debconf-discuss] mini cheatsheet page for Zagreb airport<->Zagreb central bus station?

On Fri, Jul 08, 2011 at 01:32:33PM +0100, Wookey wrote:
> The google map link provided on
> http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf11/Travel-Arriving looks like it
> tells you how to walk to the registered office building of Autobusni Kolodvor,
> not the central bus station.
>
> http://www.akz.hr/About_us.htm says their address is 4 Marina Držića
> Av.

That's true and that is the location of the bus terminals. Ample first-hand
experience talking here :)

> and that the central bus station is "Situated in the vicinity of
> the ban Jelacic square ? central Zagreb square"

That's just a bit of silly stretching of the term "near" for promotional
purposes. It's "near" the central square as in "it's not on the city
outskirts 15 km away" (like the airport for example). Yes, that's probably a
valid definition of "near", but not necessarily a particularly useful one :)

> From some OSM prodding I _think_ the bus station is in Trg bana Josipa
> Jelačića, about 800m-1km north of the Bus station.
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=45.809325&amp;lon=15.982745&amp;zoom=14&amp;layers=M&amp;mlat=45.81323&amp;mlon=15.97733
>
> But the google images show a lot more buses at the 4 Marina Držića
> address than the big pedestrian square at Trg bana Josipa Jelačića,
> which seems only to have space for Trams.

Yes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ban_Jela%C4%8Di%C4%87_Square is the
central square that has little to nothing to do with the bus station.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.