Re: [Debconf-discuss] arrving at Banja Luka bus or train station

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 04:15:58PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> ... which provokes another question: Is the currency in Republic of
> Croatia the same or at least valid in Bosnia and Herzegovina.

HRK is not a valid currency in .ba, only BAM, and vice versa. Ditto for EUR.
You can of course run into servicepeople who will silently shun the law and
take your foreign currency, but that will usually come at a (arbitrary) cost.
For example, when I was last in the Zagreb airport bus, I paid 30 HRK
(~4 EUR) for the ride as advertized, but at the same time I overheard a
couple of Spanish tourists telling the bus driver they have no Croatian
money with them, to which he swiftly replied "no problem, 10 Euros". :)

> having money from two different countries in your pocket just for one
> journey is at best confusing.

And now imagine if you were actually going to a place that's *not* mere
three hours out of your comfort zone :>

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.