Re: [Debconf-discuss] Final call for group travel discount for dc11, and some responses

Hi again,

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 08:54:40PM -0400, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:
> ** If you want to join the group travel booking for DebConf11, add yourself **
> ** to http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf11/GroupsDiscountAirfare or email **
> ** me by 23:59:59 UTC Tuesday May 31. It won't happen if too few of you do. **

Nobody new contacted me or added themselves to the wiki since Friday.
Therefore, I've concluded that it's too late in this cycle to gather enough
compatible travelers who still need to book, and I've gone ahead and made my
own booking. I encourage you all to do the same if you haven't already.

So that anyone who still wants to try a DebConf11 group booking can do so, I'll
wait roughly a week before removing the "People interested" section from the
wiki page (except for old revisions) and moving the rest of the page out of the
DebConf11-specific part of the hierarchy. I have de-listed myself already.

Look for a report-back from me to debconf-team@ some time in 2011 regarding
arrangements for DebConf12 and later years. I will definitely move that
forward. The exact timing of the report-back will depend on such factors as how
early the airline alliances will consider proposals and whether they need firm
event dates in place.

See you in Bosnia!

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@debian.org