Re: [Debconf-discuss] OpenPGP primary key expirations

On Monday 16 August 2010 14:37:37 Chris Knadle wrote:

> I'm also having trouble when attempting to use an exported secret
> subkey for signing use on a laptop.  I would like to think that using
> '--export-secret-subkey' for the signing subkey and importing it on
> the laptop would be the correct procedure.

I finally figured it out.  Using '--export-secret-subkey > file' and then
importing the file on a laptop is I believe all that's required.

The problem I was having had to do with KMail / KDE4.  To be able to sign
and/or encrypt, KDE4 requires the .gnupg/gpg.conf file to contain a line
use-agent" and you have to have the relevant 'pinentry' program installed,
which in this case was pinentry-qt4, then make sure that the gpg-agent gets
started...  etc.

  -- Chris