Re: [Debconf-discuss] OpenPGP primary key expirations

Chris Knadle <chris-debian@coredump.us> writes:

Hi, Chris!  I'm staying out of the policy discussion, but have some
technical comments on photo IDs.

> I don't agree with the latter reason, as I think this should be a
> personal choice and I don't think PhotoIDs are "wrong", and I'm
> annoyed that such a choice is being made for me by the author of the
> tool rather than simply giving a warning.

Agreed, though the great thing about free software is that you don't
have to be limited by the original author's vision. ;-)

> However as I couldn't find a way of displaying the PhotoIDs to verify
> them, I also couldn't sign them.  :-/

FWIW, GPG proper has an obscure command-line option (and corresponding
configuration file setting, which I've enabled for the time being)
--list-options=show-photos.

http://www.mit.edu/~amu/ | http://stuff.mit.edu/cgi/finger/?amu@monk.mit.edu