Re: [Debconf-discuss] OpenPGP primary key expirations

On Friday 13 August 2010 14:37:09 Milan Kupcevic wrote:
> Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> > On 07/22/2010 10:37 AM, Judit Foglszinger wrote:
> >> Earlier gpg with defaultsettings asked people when signing keys,
> >> if they want to let their signature expire on the same date as the key.
> >
> > Thanks for the info, Judit.  Do you know what version that changed with?
> >
> >  I didn't see it in a quick scan of the changelog.
> >
> >     --dkg
>
> I just received your signature which actually has the same expiration
> date as my key's current expiration date. My key id is: BD94E154

Good catch and I'm glad you mentioned this.  I didn't realize that GPG had to
be specifically configured to show signature expirations, as it defaults to
not showing them.  For others that don't see it, you have to use

   gpg --list-options show-sig-expire --list-sigs <key>

To make this option permanent, modify gpg.conf and add a line:

   list-options show-sig-expire

> Which version did you use to sign my key? Did it set the signature
> expiration date by itself or asked you explicitly?

If you look at the signatures of my key [0x6A9FDD74], I think you'll see
something interesting which will also likely answer your question.

  -- Chris