Re: [Debconf-discuss] [Debconf-announce] Richard deserves many thanks

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 4:03 PM, Jimmy Kaplowitz <jimmy@debconf.org> wrote:
Hi,

I sent a mail like this to the organizers' mailing list, but it deserves
much wider dissemination. In short, please thank Richard Darst aka
MrBeige for all his hard work leading the DebConf10 local team for much
of the last two years. Even though it was originally my idea to
seriously propose a NYC DebConf, most of the work on the conference
since then was done by him, and there is no way DebConf10 would have
succeeded without him. It is quite fitting that he was the only team
member who was honored individually in the welcome talk.

He has contributed to every aspect of the conference, but I especially
want to single out his dealings with the various components of Columbia
University, notably the Columbia conference housing office, the
facilities and public safety departments, the central IT department
(CUIT), and the Computing Research Facility (CRF) of the Computer
Science department. There have been an amazing number of contingencies
to discuss and obstacles to overcome, and he has put in roughly 26 hours
each day to accomplish that.

Bottoms up for Richard!