[Debconf-discuss] Travel sponsorship BoF topics/attendance request

Hi,

Sorry for the late notice, but there's a BoF about travel sponsorship
under my name which is really more a full travel sponsorship team kind
of thing.

It is scheduled in 414 Schapiro at 1600 today. If you were part of
Herb and/or received sponsored money for traveling and want to find a
way to improve the system for next year, please stop by.

I set up a gobby document on gobby.debiant.net under 414 Schapiro. The
name is dc10-bof-travel-sponsorship.

I'm kicking it off with the following:

(DrDub) Following a discussion with Ana, the project might save quite
a bit of money if buys the tickets for key contributors very early on
the year. Following this idea, I propose we split the people we fund
into two categories: "Debian award" attendees, which are selected by
the project in, say, November/December and the project decides how
much money they'll need to travel to the location. The process for
selection is similar to the current herb process. The recipient can
opt for not receiving the award and it will then go to the next person
in the list. The project can use $10,000 to fund this, for example (or
separate DC(N-1) money specifically for that, pending the result of
Saturday's BoF). If the money assigned to the person is considered
insufficient, the Debian contributor can then ask for extra money in
the second round, which is similar to how we have conducted it this
year (i.e., contributions / money requested? / need? weighted).

(DrDub) I feel this year we discounted too much for people the herb
team felt were asking too much money. If we go for a similar process,
people shouldn't be discounted, their amounts should be adjusted.

(DrDub) I think we can easily fundraise for specific people if they
are willing to go on the record in a suitable Web page. We discussed
it before but people felt it was too close to the conference for it to
make sense. So we can talk about it for next year...

If you don't like gobby, just send whatever you want to have there to
me privately and I'll add it.

If you'd like to discuss by e-mail, maybe reply just to
debconf-discuss? I leave to you to determine which list is most
appropriate given the nature of your reply, of course.

Thanks and see you at 1600!

P.