Re: [Debconf-discuss] GPG Key Management Best Practices BoF

On Tue, Aug 03, 2010 at 01:01:49AM -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Michael Shuler dijo [Sun, Aug 01, 2010 at 10:03:36PM -0500]:
> > I volunteered to add an AdHoc Session and I'm thinking about the time
> > slot just prior to the main KSP session on Friday evening - opinions?
> > (it's a related topic and after looking through the rest of the
> > schedule, I don't wish to step on any other talks)
> >
> > The Carman dorm basement was suggested as a possibly good place to hold
> > the KSP (not final, yet), so I'd like to have this BoF in the same location.
> >
> > Discussion / debate could be about what are good best practices for key
> > security, subkey usage, smartcards and USB keys, expiration, etc.
> >
> > I am not an expert on the topic, so would enjoy learning more about how
> > people manage their digital identity - you interested?  :)
>
> FWIW, I have been waiting and willing for other people to come up and
> exchange signatures. That has still not happened, not even once. I
> know that I have cross-signed with many of the usual suspects last
> year in Cáceres (I started using a 4096R key back then)... But so far,
> the one-to-one keysigning is IMO inexistent. I will try to (find time
> to) get it kickstarted tomorrow.

It can be tough to get a chance to talk to new people and find people to sign
keys with, especially with everything that's going on.  Most of the time I
find I'm in talks all day, with meals in-between.  However there seems to be
more opportunity for talking and keysigning when working in the Hack Lab in
the evening.

  -- Chris