Re: [Debconf-discuss] GPG Key Management Best Practices BoF

On Sun, 01 Aug 2010 22:03:36 -0500, Michael Shuler <michael@pbandjelly.org> wrote:
> I volunteered to add an AdHoc Session and I'm thinking about the time
> slot just prior to the main KSP session on Friday evening - opinions?
> (it's a related topic and after looking through the rest of the
> schedule, I don't wish to step on any other talks)
>
> The Carman dorm basement was suggested as a possibly good place to hold
> the KSP (not final, yet), so I'd like to have this BoF in the same location.
>
> Discussion / debate could be about what are good best practices for key
> security, subkey usage, smartcards and USB keys, expiration, etc.
>
> I am not an expert on the topic, so would enjoy learning more about how
> people manage their digital identity - you interested?  :)

Hey, Michael.  Thanks so much for putting this together.  I have some
experience with key management, and I'll happily attend, assuming that
whatever time we come up with doesn't conflict with any previous
engagements.  Friday morning is the only time that certainly won't work
for me.  Friday evening before the keysigning could work, though.

jamie.